Tuesday, June 29, 2010

'New Water'...uh..Falls?

Hi Kabloonas,

Evening my gentle readers, no, I am not Leena, but rather, I am Corey. With permission, Leena has been kind enough to allow me to contribute a wee bit to her blog, which is now close to 5 weeks underway. She's done a lovely job at it so far methinks, but I thought I'd contribute a little bit of much needed 'oh so masculine' flavour. I've wanted to write down some of my own thoughts and adventures earlier than half-way through this program, but adding to Leenas own musings requires far less work on my part, which is appealing!

So I just want to talk about tonight, forget the first four weeks. I have to admit I've felt a little subpar as of late, receiving some sad news from home, and just being a little anxious perhaps to start my next summer chapter of sorts. I'm not entirely sure if this one evening has single handedly recharged my batteries, but it was certainly refreshing. Tonight I ran out to 'New Water Lake', fishing rod and oversized backpack in tow, determined to have some success (the score is currently fishies:7, corey:0). I again failed miserably at the whole fishing thing (few things in life are as depressing as watching ones entire line go flying off the reel due to a poor job of setting up the rod...), however did succeed in stumbling upon a breathtaking set of falls/rapids. I'll shut up at this point and show you folks some pictures. Sweet dreams gentle readers, until next time.

Corey





















































1 comment: